Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have purchased a Harmony 350 as our TiVo remote has

Customer Question
Hi, I have purchased a...
Hi, I have purchased a Harmony 350 as our TiVo remote has stopped working properly. I have been setting it up and find that when I am trying to teach the Harmony to read the commands from the TiVo remote, that I am having trouble because of the TiVo remote. How can I set the Harmony remote up without having the use of the TiVo remote?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
2/25/2016
Technician: ITPeter, Engineer replied 2 years ago
ITPeter
ITPeter, Engineer

Hi Janice,

To setup your new Logitech Harmony 350 remote for use with your TiVo, please follow these steps:

1. Follow the provided Logitech instructions for installing remote batteries and connecting the remote to your computer.
2. Once your computer is connected to your computer, navigate in your Internet browser to setup.myharmony.com.
3. You will be prompted to download and install the MyHarmony desktop software.
4. Once your MyHarmony desktop software is installed, open the application. You will be prompted to either create a new, or login to your existing MyHarmony account.
5. Follow the onscreen prompts to proceed with setup.
6. When asked to enter your device information, enter “TiVo” in the manufacturer field provided – an auto-suggest selection will appear.
7. Enter your TiVo’s model number in the field provided. You can find the your TiVo’s model number on the rear panel or by navigating to TiVo Central > Messages & Settings > Account & System Information > System Information.
8. You should be presented with your TiVo DVR as a selectable option. Select the TiVo device and click “Done”.
9. You will now be presented with options for setting your device button options.
10. Once complete, your Harmony remote will be ready to use with your TiVo.

Hi Pete, I am still having trouble, The main trouble seems to be with the white buttons. Only three are illuminating, but in saying that, by pressing the lit up ones, nothing seems to be happening.
I will call you tomorrow.
It may be easier that way.
many thanks.

Ok, let me know a time that suits.

Pete.

I am still waiting for you to call me. I will not be available until after 2pm Western Australian time tomorrow, or I can be home most of Thursday if I know that you are going to call me then.
Many thanksJanice Ellis