Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a pioneer vsx 830k with a flashing red MCACC lighy,

Customer Question
I have a pioneer...

I have a pioneer vsx 830k with a flashing red MCACC lighy

Technician's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Home Theater Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

Unit on blinks the mcacc light no display no sound

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/17/2016
Technician: Aric, Engineer replied 2 years ago
Aric, Engineer

Hello, and sorry you're having problems. We are now connected on this website- which saves you money over having a Tech come to your home, and in many cases we can fix the problem you're having. In other cases, these things do require additional parts to fix. But I can help you with that as well.

How long have you owned the Pioneer for and when did the problem occur?

Generally the MCACC light blinking means there's a short sensed at the speaker output terminals (meaning either a speaker, or speaker wire is shorted). However it can be caused by several things.

Are you able to get any response at all from the setup menu, or change sources, etc. on the Pioneer?

Also how long have you owned it for and when did the problem occur?

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

If you need assistance with this, please reply back with some of the details requested and we can proceed.

two days speakers less than a month old and worked fine in my old pioneer receiver. speaker ohm out betwwen 6.1 - 6.3 ohm .i was connecting it today had it playing and then accidentally stepped on the power strip switch. that when the unit power off and started flashing the the red mcacc light

Thanks for the reply. Please unplug the receiver from power, then disconnect those speaker wires, re-strip and reconnect them. If you're getting the MCACC right away, then the receiver is sensing a short circuit- either at the speakers, or internal to the receiver.

If the MCACC comes up again, then please let me know IF you can access the MENU's in the Pioneer. I had asked that before, and am not sure if you are able to. Reason being is we will need to reset the processor in the unit, but we need to access the MENU to do that.

cannot see a display only the red light. i dont have any of the speakers connected right now and it still flashes

Okay, this isn't looking good. Please unplug the unit, then plug it back in. Press and hold "ENTER" on the front of the receiver, while pressing "Standby/Power" once. Tell me if the display shows "Reset". If not try that once more, since it's the only possible user fix we have here. Offhand I have seen these units fail with only a quick power cut as a catalyst. It's not "normal" for them, but is not uncommon either.

Any response at all when trying to do the reset?

still the same
the light comes on immediately after being plugged up

I'm afraid this indicates a hardware failure within the receiver. With no speakers or wires connected to the unit, and trying a hard reset- there is nothing else you can do. The reset supersedes all other settings and adjustments within the unit and if it's unresponsive, then it requires service. Unfortunately you will need to send the unit into Pioneer to have it repaired under warranty. You can use the link below to locate an authorized service center if you'd like. Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.

https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/portal/site/PUSA/template.LOCATOR_MAXIMIZE/v4-where-to-buy-nav-item/?javax.portlet.tpst=be52d673d760c90094dab3f552768a0c_ws_MX&javax.portlet.prp_be52d673d760c90094dab3f552768a0c_viewID=ascview&javax.portlet.begCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken&javax.portlet.endCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken&vgnextoid=35233d3c95b3b210VgnVCM1000003367a8c0RCRD

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. You can follow up at any time if needed.

Just to make sure, you're trying that reset with No speaker wires connected to the rear of the unit, and also no HDMI cables connected- just the Pioneer plugged into power correct?

Aric, Engineer