Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Bose Wave Music System Multi CD Changer has a CD in slot…

Customer Question
My Bose Wave Music System...
My Bose Wave Music System Multi CD Changer has a CD in slot no. 2 that will not eject. I get a message " CD Error". How can I remove the stuck CD?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
2/16/2016
Technician: Aric, Engineer replied 2 years ago
Aric, Engineer

Hello, and sorry you're having problems. We are now connected on this website- which saves you money over having a Tech come to your home, and in many cases we can fix the problem you're having.
This problem with a stuck disc in the #2 slot of the Bose is very common, and either caused by a processor glitch, or a hardware failure within the Bose.
Disconnect the Bose from power, then remove the umbilical cable between the Changer and the Main Unit. Press and hold the Eject button for 10 seconds and release. Then re-connect the umbilical cable between the two devices.
Then, press and hold the Eject button- while plugging the system back into power. Continue to hold Eject for 15 seconds, or until you hear the Eject motor engage.

Try those steps up to three times if the first do not allow the disc to eject.
If this does not work, then the player is in need of service- more specifically the Eject mechanism in the 3 disc changer has malfunctioned. In this case you would need to contact Bose Service, as they are the only ones that repair their systems:

BOSE:
For assistance with your product, please call us toll-free at 1-***-***-****. For help with our aviation headsets, call 1-***-***-****.
For the best possible service, please have your product nearby when you call. Hours of operation: Monday – Friday: 8:30 AM – 8 PM ET
Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

Please let me know when you see my reply. It appears you posted two of the same question, I submitted the othr one to be closed.

I executed the procedure you recommended. I get a message stating "ejecting D 2" followed by " cd error" same as before.

I'm sorry to hear that. and those are the only possible steps you can try on a user level. Beyond trying to leave the system unplugged from power completely for several hours in the hopes that it resets, there is nothing else short of opening up the system and performing repairs on it yourself. These symptoms are indicative of a hardware failure in the Bose. Since Bose are the only ones that work on these systems, and have schematics and can procure parts, you would need to contact them for repairs:

BOSE:

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.