Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My CD player will not work because it says to remove disc 2.

Customer Question

My CD player will not work because it says to remove disc 2. When I press eject CD it will not come out of the player and now nothing plays.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Can you please postback with what Brand and Model CD player you're referring to here? All I see is a general question regarding "Disc 2 not ejecting". Disc 2 on what? Is this a Bose system? Please elaborate.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know when you are able to see my reply.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this is a Bose system wave music
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
4 CD player discs
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please help me get this resolved
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. So then the Disc 2, would be in the Bose Multi-disc changer I would presume.

This is caused by a processor glitch, or a hardware failure within the Bose.

There's not much on a user level you can do to fix this on your own, but here are a couple of things to try.

Disconnect the Bose from power, then remove the umbilical cable between the Changer and the Main Unit. Press and hold the Eject button for 10 seconds and release. Then re-connect the umbilical cable between the two devices.

Then, press and hold the Eject button- while plugging the system back into power. Continue to hold Eject for 15 seconds, or until you hear the Eject motor engage.

Then attempt to play a disc.

If this does not work, then the player is in need of service- more specifically the Eject mechanism in the 3 disc changer has malfunctioned. In this case you would need to contact Bose Service, as they are the only ones that repair their systems:

BOSE:

For assistance with your product, please call us toll-free at 1-***-***-****. For help with our aviation headsets, call 1-***-***-****.

For the best possible service, please have your product nearby when you call. Hours of operation: Monday – Friday: 8:30 AM – 8 PM ET

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Yes it takes a few minutes for me to type a reply- with details, based on the info you recently provided. Read my full reply above, and feel free to postback if you need further help.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Is there any noise from the Eject mechanism after the reset, and when you press and hold the Eject button? Also, how long have you owned the Bose for, and when the problem occurred.