Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Denon AVR-S710W. Every time I shut it down and

Customer Question
switch to a different input...
I have a Denon AVR-S710W. Every time I shut it down and switch to a different input, I see this instead of the input name: (H=HDMI3, D=NONE). How do I get that not to display other than changing volume, etc.?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
2/11/2016
Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 2 years ago
Richard, Customer Service

Hi there and welcome

Can you check Input Setup and make sure its set to Input Mode=Auto

Tell me if it then functions please.

It has never not responded. I can always hear audio from all inputs. I simply want the display to show the current input rather than what I'm setting. It does change if I adjust the volume but it would be nice if it just said "cable" on the display when I watch tv instead of "h=hdmi, d=none".

ok, sorry it was not clear though, but did you do the instructions I gave you Stephen?

Please let me know

I have done what you suggested. The display is still randomly showing "h=hdmi 1, d=none".

Thanks, ***** ***** to do a reset of the unit

To do this

Turn off the power using .

Press while simultaneously pressing TUNER PRESET CH + and TUNER PRESET CH -.

Remove your fingers from the two buttons when “Initialized” appears on the display.

Once done, tell me if it then stops doing this please

Well doing a reset wipe out all of my current settings? If not I will give this a shot.

yes, but it is the next step we will need to do.