Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Choose an Expert and type your question here...i have a

Customer Question
yamaha home theatre RX-V 671...
Choose an Expert and type your question here...i have a yamaha home theatre RX-V 671 and it does not produce any sound
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
2/7/2016
Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 2 years ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

First, check the connections to your speakers.

Second, check the speaker selector switches.

Third, let me know how old he RX-V 671 is, please.

General advice includes the question as to whether you have an HDMI cable as part of the hookup. If so, and if it was cheaply made, then it may have failed - esp. if sound isn't getting through but video is.

I have all the connection in place.
The AV receiver was bought in 2011. It is less than five years old from the date of purchase.

Is an HDMI cable part of the hookup? if so, what two devices does it connect?

The HDMI is connected to the TV. It is also not producing any sound.

Thanks for responding.

What other 'sound paths' are there through the home theatre, aside from the HDMI cable to the TV?

There is the cable that goes to the sub-woofer.

OK. Disconnect the HDMI cable, please, then turn On and try the home theatre again. Try several sound sources, all with subwoofer sound and subwoofer not disabled / enabled.

It appears that the problem is with the sound board, because it has already been tested by technicians. What need to know is whether the sound board needs to be replace and from where could i get the replacement board.

Let me ask for clarification:

- what part # ***** ***** sound board you are referencing?

- and, if the sound board is where the problem is, then is there no problem elsewhere at all? (I mean: has the 'problem is not elsewhere' been proved by technicians? or was a problem found in the sound board but it might be elsewhere too?)