Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a SONY CDP CX-400 where the turntable/carousel seems…

Customer Question
I have a SONY CDP...
I have a SONY CDP CX-400 where the turntable/carousel seems to have come unseated/unbalanced. It will spin, raggedly, but won't load or play a CD. Thoughts?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
2/1/2016
Technician: Louie, Technician replied 2 years ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, the described symptom almost always is an internal hardware issue. As it is mechanical, the diagnosis would rely mostly on visual inspection.

Would an illustrated repair/Service Manual in electronic form serve your purpose then?

There would be a token fee for this manual. Of particular interest would be the exploded parts diagram to serve as reference on the dis-assembly, parts checking and re-assembly.