Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Sound Touch 30 Series III I am attempting to hook…

Customer Question
HI I have a Sound...
HI I have a Sound Touch 30 Series III
I am attempting to hook up to TV and not having success - I have hooked up the AV cable to back of TV and plugged into the 3.5 mm
There is a USB cable and I am not sure where to use this cable
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
1/31/2016
Technician: Aric, Engineer replied 2 years ago
Aric, Engineer

Hello, and sorry you're having problems. We are now connected on this website- which saves you money over having a Tech come to your home, and in many cases we can fix the problem you're having. In other cases, these things do require additional parts to fix. But I can help you with that as well.

Please get me the full model number off of the back of the TV.

The USB cable will not be used except to charge the Soundtouch. Offhand the issue is not that. It would be related to the connections and/or settings on your TV, so I will need to know what specific model TV we're dealing with here to help you.

LG 55LN5798

Thank you- I'm taking a look now.

Okay that LG model number isn't copied correctly. The 55LN part seems right but the rest is not. Please carefully copy down the LG model number and post back. The details lie in getting the correct model number.

55LN5790-UI

That's it- thanks.

This TV does not have any AV audio out. Those are Inputs. There is only ONE audio out on the TV, and that is the "Optical" jack. Your Bose does not have an optical input, so they are not directly compatible.

What you need in order to make them work together, is an optical to RCA audio converter- this converts the optical signal to standard 3.5mm stereo that can connect to the Bose.

This converter is at the link below for purchase, and is the only way you will get audio form this TV through the Bose I'm afraid:

http://www.parts-express.com/dac-digital-to-analog-audio-converter-optical---coaxial---usb--180-998

You will then select AUX on the Bose, and shut the TV's speakers off in the LG audio MENU to activate the sound through the optical jack.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

Thank you I will go and get the cable today at Best Buy - Thank you Aric

You're welcome, and keep in mind it's not a cable- but a "converter" as well as an optical cable that you need.

Please do not forget to click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. You can follow up at any time if needed.