Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a sherwood RX-4109 receiver that suddenly is not

Customer Question
I have a sherwood...

I have a sherwood RX-4109 receiver that suddenly is not delivering certaing mid frequencies to my Bose 201v speakers..... I tried grounding the receiver and was always plugged into a UPS.

Technician's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

That's more or less it

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
1/28/2016
Technician: Louie, Technician replied 2 years ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, is the described symptom of "...not delivering certaing mid frequencies..." commonly exhibited on any source; AM, FM CD, PHONO others?

Have you tried using a pair of headphones?

...and with a different pair of speakers?

I tried with headphones and other INPUTS such an smartphone, sound coming from TV and the built in FM

Appreciate the post back.

Never tried , will be hard to find equivalent speakers to test.

I understand.

The reason for trying with a different speaker pair is as a test by process of elimination. It may not be a Sherwood RX-4109 issue.

Have you checked the suspension/edge of the Bose woofers? ...gently pushing and releasing the cone?