Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My dad has toshiba vcr/dvd player hooked to front video

Customer Question
ports on a non-hd tv...
My dad has toshiba vcr/dvd player hooked to front video ports on a non-hd tv with the basic cable box run to vcr/dvd player. If the player is powered off then the cable worked. If the players is powered on the player worked. Now it doesnt work that wsy any more. My father is to old to figure out how to change inputs on tv menu. How do i get the player to work again like it used to? My brother says its some programming on the toshiba player via the remote but i cannot figure it out :( Thank you!!
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
1/26/2016
Technician: Rusty, Engineer replied 2 years ago
Rusty
Rusty, Engineer

Hello, my name is Rusty. It's not as hard as some would think. Here's what to do:

1. Turn the player on.
  2. Tune the player to channel 3.
  3. On the TV, press the channel down button until you get to below channel 2. That usually activates the front AV input.

OR

Press the AV/button on the remote repeatedly until the AUX input is selected.

If you still have trouble, tell me the model number of the TV, and I'll give you laser-specific instructions on the TV.

How do i tune the player to channel 3?

Use the channel up or down buttons on your player's remote. Press the channel down button repeatedly until you get to channel 3.