Home Theater-Stereo

Home Theater Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Home Theater-Stereo

The display on my kenwood kr-v8050 s/n 30341922 does not

Customer Question
work. everything else is good...
The display on my kenwood kr-v8050 s/n 30341922 does not work. everything else is good, you just can not read the display, like what frequency you have tuned to. What can be wrong? easy fix?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
1/26/2016
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 1 year ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, David.

What would have happened here is that the led display has failed, which is farily common to see on these receivers as they age.

There is no simple fix, like changing a light bulb. The entire display would have to replaced, which simply isn't feasible. There are no parts readily available for it and the system has virtually no value at this point. This is a 1992 model receiver, which was really designed for about a 5 year service life, which it has greatly exceeded. You could buy a brand new system with updated features and a fresh warranty for far less than you would pay to have this one repaired.

Depending how you'd like to proceed though, I can try to help with finding a repair shop, or recommending replacement options.

--

Please note:

I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in an effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. This site works on the honor system, and to that end, I have prioritized working with you ahead of other paying customers.

Although you’ve already paid your fee to the site, I am only compensated for my efforts when customers such as yourself leave positive feedback for my work. Again I apologize there is not a better outcome here, though this is really beyond either of our control. I do hope you’ll consider leaving a 5 star rating for me, rather than “shoot the messenger”, so that I may get credit for my time spent in good faith to answer your question accurately.

Technician: Jack, Technician replied 1 year ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , I`m Jack

Does the display light up or show anything ?

Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician