Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

HDMI cable hooked up to sharp aquos HDMI 1.From sat. coax…

Customer Question
HDMI cable hooked up to...
HDMI cable hooked up to sharp aquos HDMI 1.From sat. coax in,HDMI to AVR-S510BT.Monitor out to HDMI 1 on TV. No sound.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
1/24/2016
Technician: Aric, Engineer replied 2 years ago
Aric, Engineer

Hello, What model Sharp TV do you have, and what are you returning the audio back to the Denon receiver with? HDMI will only do this when the TV is newer and features the HDMI ARC port, otherwise you need an optical cable in addition to the HDMI cable. Let me know what you have here.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.