Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My lifestyle surround sound is in pcm mode and i cant get

Customer Question

my lifestyle surround sound is in pcm mode and i cant get sound what can i do ?
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, PCM mode in itself is not a problem, I would need more details to determine what's causing this.

1) What model Lifestyle system do you have?

2) What is it connected to (TV, Cable Box, DVD, etc.)?

3) Was the sound working before and then stopped, or is this the first time setting it up?

4) Where exactly are you seeing "PCM mode"?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
model av48 and it is connected to tv ihave been using it for a long time in aux mode and the pcm letters are under aux and when they appear I get no sound from unit and I cant get rid of them
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is in 2.0
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay, do you receive broadcasts using a Cable/SAT box please?

Also, if you switch the source over to a DVD, is there sound then please?

Troubleshooting is needed to solve this, so that is why I'm asking these questions.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

No thank you, ***** *****'t take a phone call right now. If you'd like to continue with me, then please reply back on this page to the info I requested above.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Are you using a Cable or Satellite box with the Bose system please- yes or no?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
cable and im trying dvd now
and yes I get sound
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay that's good news on the DVD sound. Please reboot your cable box by disconnecting it from power, then check that all cabling between the Bose and the TV are secure. Plug the Cable Box back in, and once it's rebooted select the Cable source and let me know if you have sound.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just need to get the pcm off and surround will work
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

You don't get the PCM off- the PCM means that is what the Bose is SENSING from the signal. You can't "turn it on" or "shut it off". Did you reboot the cable box yet- yes or no please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
idid
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Do you have the Bose on the correct Input? PCM means that is the signal it's sensing from the TV or the cable box. What specific cable are you using to connect the TV to the Bose to return sound to the Bose?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got it working my kid move some wires
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Excellent and glad to hear that. The Bose will only sense what signal was sent to it, which was why I asked what cables were being used. If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. You can follow up at any time if needed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

You're welcome. Please do not forget to click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts.