Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My lifestyle surround sound is in pcm mode and i cant get…

Customer Question
my lifestyle surround sound is...
my lifestyle surround sound is in pcm mode and i cant get sound what can i do ?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/23/2016
Technician: Aric, Engineer replied 2 years ago
Aric, Engineer

Hello, PCM mode in itself is not a problem, I would need more details to determine what's causing this.

1) What model Lifestyle system do you have?

2) What is it connected to (TV, Cable Box, DVD, etc.)?

3) Was the sound working before and then stopped, or is this the first time setting it up?

4) Where exactly are you seeing "PCM mode"?

model av48 and it is connected to tv ihave been using it for a long time in aux mode and the pcm letters are under aux and when they appear I get no sound from unit and I cant get rid of them
it is in 2.0

Okay, do you receive broadcasts using a Cable/SAT box please?

Also, if you switch the source over to a DVD, is there sound then please?

Troubleshooting is needed to solve this, so that is why I'm asking these questions.

No thank you, ***** *****'t take a phone call right now. If you'd like to continue with me, then please reply back on this page to the info I requested above.

Are you using a Cable or Satellite box with the Bose system please- yes or no?

cable and im trying dvd now
and yes I get sound

Okay that's good news on the DVD sound. Please reboot your cable box by disconnecting it from power, then check that all cabling between the Bose and the TV are secure. Plug the Cable Box back in, and once it's rebooted select the Cable source and let me know if you have sound.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

I just need to get the pcm off and surround will work

You don't get the PCM off- the PCM means that is what the Bose is SENSING from the signal. You can't "turn it on" or "shut it off". Did you reboot the cable box yet- yes or no please?

idid

Do you have the Bose on the correct Input? PCM means that is the signal it's sensing from the TV or the cable box. What specific cable are you using to connect the TV to the Bose to return sound to the Bose?

I got it working my kid move some wires

Excellent and glad to hear that. The Bose will only sense what signal was sent to it, which was why I asked what cables were being used. If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. You can follow up at any time if needed.

thanks

You're welcome. Please do not forget to click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts.