Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

How do i connect an apple tv to my denon 2100? I have

Customer Question
how do i connect an...
how do i connect an apple tv to my denon 2100? I have connected the aTV to the aux2 port with an htmi cable and can get video but no audio. my tv is connected to the HTMI input #1. Aux2 shows the input is set to HTMI #6.
any suggestion will be appreciated.
larry: e-mail***@******.***
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
1/23/2016
Technician: Aric, Engineer replied 2 years ago
Aric, Engineer

Hello, What is the model number off of the back of your TV please?

The reason I am asking is that the audio has to transmit back to the Denon- in most cases using an optical cable from the TV back to the receiver. The Denon does not automatically process audio from the HDMI Input.

Additionally, is the Denon "2100" an "AVR-X2100" please?

Sony 32bx320

You will need either an "Optical" cable or RCA red and whites form the Audio Out on the TV to be connected to the Denon's "TV Audio" optical port in order to transfer the sound back to the Denon.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

it is an avr-x2100.my denon is connected to my tv with only an htmi cable and the audio plays fine. no second cable for the audio.
Technician: Jack, Technician replied 2 years ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello , my name is ***** ***** different tech. here .

Do you still need help with this ?