Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Woofer has power (orange light on) but will not turn on

Customer Question
(blue light) thus no power...
Woofer has power (orange light on) but will not turn on (blue light) thus no power sound from sub woofer which does have power.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
1/23/2016
Technician: ITPeter, Engineer replied 2 years ago
ITPeter
ITPeter, Engineer

Hi Keith,

The orange light indicates that the system is in standby mode, and the lack of a blue light indicates the system is not getting sufficient power to turn on correctly.

There may be a fault with the Standby button if the system is not turning on or responding, so try using the Standby button on both the remote and on the system itself.

If there is no response using either method, then it is likely that the internal power supply circuitry has suffered a fault and the system will require a repair.