Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Looking solution avr problem
, Got a Marantz 6009 with…

Customer Question
Hi, looking for a...

Hi, looking for a solution for my avr problem

Technician's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Got a Marantz 6009 with a problem similar to some denon avrs. When using network functions like internet radio, airplay or bluetooth, the display is flickering and shows green lines. Airplay and bT doesn't connect

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
1/22/2016
Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 2 years ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The flickering and green lines could mean a power supply voltage fluctuation, such as one caused by a failed filter capacitor that keeps fluctuations in internal voltage level(s) steady.

Or, there could perhaps be a shorted component, and/or a loose connection or bad solder joint or dirty/loose connector, causing the problem.

Some more information is needed though: What functions does the problem *not* show up in, when using that function or those functions (as opposed to the network functions of internet radio, AirPlay, or Bluetooth) ?