Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I just bought Bose QC 20 noise cancelling headphones. How do

Customer Question

I just bought Bose QC 20 noise cancelling headphones. How do I conncect them via Bluetooth to my Bose home theater system?
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Model Number of the Bose Home Theater please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm trying to find a model number, found a serial number. It's a wave music system III.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Bose Wave Music System III
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Thanks. That system does not have Blue Tooth in any form. I'm looking to see if there is a workaround.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay, you will need extra equipment to make this work with Blue Tooth headphones.

You use the headphone port on the back of the Wave III, and plug a "BlueTooth" adapter into that port. The adapter is at the link below for purchase and you can then "pair" the headphones to the BT adapter to listen wirelessly:

https://jet.com/product/detail/e0601b85f3484c4f9551479f4856fca2?jcmp=pla:ggl:badnj_electronics_a3:badnj_electronics_a3:na:na:na:na:na:2&code=PLA15&k_clickid=e5bfdd32-2690-4387-b59c-cc7d74cb5cde&abkId=403-887609&gclid=Cj0KEQiAlO20BRCcieCSncPlqqMBEiQAOZGMnD4A1fHeZuZpKM-yHdHnsfIzgNoG0m237dTctOqyk4AaAvoL8P8HAQ

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I plug in headphones to a blue tooth adapter in the back of my theater unit, how is that wireless?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

You don't pug headphones into the blue tooth adapter.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

I never said that.

You plug the adapter in, the the headphones connect to the ADAPTER WIRELESSLY.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

The adapter makes the Bose Wave wireless. Then your headphones pair to the adapter- wirelessly.

Let me know if you need further clarification.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
aren't
the bose quiet comfort 25 headphones supposed to have Bluetooth with it?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Yes, but you're not understanding that your Bose Wave does NOT have Blue Tooth with it, which is why I am suggesting the Blue Tooth adapter be plugged into the Wave.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

So to put it another way:

Your Headphones are wireless.

Your Wave is not.

Plugging the adapter into the Wave makes it wireless.

No cable is needed to connect the headphones to the Wave. The headphones connect "wirelessly" to the adapter.

That is what you want- a wireless solution to get the Wave to the headphones correct?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.