Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I just bought Bose QC 20 noise cancelling headphones. How do…

Customer Question
I just bought Bose QC...
I just bought Bose QC 20 noise cancelling headphones. How do I conncect them via Bluetooth to my Bose home theater system?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
1/17/2016
Technician: Aric, Engineer replied 2 years ago
Aric, Engineer

Hi, Model Number of the Bose Home Theater please?

I'm trying to find a model number, found a serial number. It's a wave music system III.
Bose Wave Music System III

Thanks. That system does not have Blue Tooth in any form. I'm looking to see if there is a workaround.

Okay, you will need extra equipment to make this work with Blue Tooth headphones.

You use the headphone port on the back of the Wave III, and plug a "BlueTooth" adapter into that port. The adapter is at the link below for purchase and you can then "pair" the headphones to the BT adapter to listen wirelessly:

https://jet.com/product/detail/e0601b85f3484c4f9551479f4856fca2?jcmp=pla:ggl:badnj_electronics_a3:badnj_electronics_a3:na:na:na:na:na:2&code=PLA15&k_clickid=e5bfdd32-2690-4387-b59c-cc7d74cb5cde&abkId=403-887609&gclid=Cj0KEQiAlO20BRCcieCSncPlqqMBEiQAOZGMnD4A1fHeZuZpKM-yHdHnsfIzgNoG0m237dTctOqyk4AaAvoL8P8HAQ

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

If I plug in headphones to a blue tooth adapter in the back of my theater unit, how is that wireless?

You don't pug headphones into the blue tooth adapter.

I never said that.

You plug the adapter in, the the headphones connect to the ADAPTER WIRELESSLY.

The adapter makes the Bose Wave wireless. Then your headphones pair to the adapter- wirelessly.

Let me know if you need further clarification.

aren't
the bose quiet comfort 25 headphones supposed to have Bluetooth with it?

Yes, but you're not understanding that your Bose Wave does NOT have Blue Tooth with it, which is why I am suggesting the Blue Tooth adapter be plugged into the Wave.

So to put it another way:

Your Headphones are wireless.

Your Wave is not.

Plugging the adapter into the Wave makes it wireless.

No cable is needed to connect the headphones to the Wave. The headphones connect "wirelessly" to the adapter.

That is what you want- a wireless solution to get the Wave to the headphones correct?