Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a denon avr 1908 receiver. I have a playstation hdmi…

Customer Question
I have a denon avr...
I have a denon avr 1908 receiver. I have a playstation hdmi cable going to the "port" closest to the side of the receiver. Another hdmi cable going to the port closest to the middle of the reciver and going to the tv. That leaves one port empty between the two connected ports ( just trying to clarify what i've done) I would like to hook up my stand alone blu ray player to the receiver ( in addition to my already working play station) Can this be done ( using, i assume, another hdmi cable) ? thx
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
1/17/2016
Technician: Jack, Technician replied 2 years ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem

Right now you mean that you are using the HDMI input 1 (dvd/hdp) for the playstation and want to use HDMI 2 ( TV/CBL ) for the blueray ?

If so then I can see no problem providing everything works with the playstation connection , I mean that it will be the same with the blueray , simply switch your denon to the TV/CBL input when you want to watch the blueray

And yes you will need a HDMI cable for that connection

If that answers your question please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you have questions.
Thank you

That didn't help at all. My tv and playstation are synched with hdmi1. Where do i attach the hdmi cable from my blu ray player. At present, my hdmi 2 outlet on the tv is empty.

You said n your opening post that you had an empty HDMI input on your denon , whats stopping you from using it ???

You never mentioned the tv or its hdmi 2 input

What are we talking about here , do you want to feed your blueray (like it should ) through the denon or tv ???

What happens when you try to select that HDMI 2 input ?

On the display it should say TV/CBL when you select it by the way unless that hdmi 2 has been re-assigned to another input

Here `s a test for you , borrow the playstation input and connect your blueray , does it work ?

o.k then now try the playstation in HDMI 2

What happens when you try to select HDMI 2 ?

Is HDMI 2 selectable ?

I`m sorry but something came up and i will have to opt out now.

You don`t have to do anything , your question will be reposted for other techs. to see and jump in.
DO NOT rate or it will hinder the repost .
Just stand by and someone should be with you shortly .

Jack- here are my present aonnections. From middle port ont the receiver to hdmi1 outlet of my tv. From playstation to the closest port to the edge of my receiver. This gives me full surround sound with games/ movies on my playstaion, with tv input selected for hdmi 1. Now i want to connect my blu ray player to the receiver in order to get full surround sound on it also. Where do i connect the cable from my blu ray to the receiver to achieve this and what button do i push on my remote to switch back and forth from blu ray to the playstation. Does this also entail another connection to the tv- hdmi 2 or can both players be jsynched with my presently connected hdmi1 cable?
Working now-thanks

Great !!

Finally managed to select that hdmi 2 as i was asking above ?