Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I own Yamaha AV RX V1. My wife plugged a vacumn cleaner into…

Customer Question
I own Yamaha AV RX...
I own Yamaha AV RX V1. My wife plugged a vacumn cleaner into an electrical socket near the socket where my receiver is connected with a surge protected. The electrical power went off and was rebooted by flipping the switch on a downstairs circuit breaker. Afterwards the sound on the receiver would not return. Tried resetting by turning power off and on with no results. Finally able to use the program effect buttons to initiate screen , went to 10, got reserve field and the sound was temporarily restored. My problem is receiver is still not reset. Shows "no protection" and when I turn off power I am forced to go through same procedure again. How can I reset receiver?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
1/16/2016
Technician: Louie, Technician replied 2 years ago
Louie, Technician

Hi Paul and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, have you tried unplugging for an extended period of time? ...then plugging back in but using another outlet?

What prompted you to use the PROGRAM and EFFECT buttons?

Saw answer to question on the Internet.

I understand.

The above was to initiate the Yamaha's built-in Self-Diagnostic function. The objective is to determine which section/circuit has developed a fault. The "10" signifies an issue with the memory (PRESET). Proceeding past this point is a 2-bladed tool; it either resets the Yamaha or it renders the memory completely blank thus the unit would be inoperable.

Would you be comfortable proceeding?

Louie, Technician