Home Theater-Stereo

Home theater questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My surround sound on Bose system has no sound coming out of…

Customer Question
My surround sound for TV...
My surround sound for TV on Bose system has no sound coming out of 5 cube style speakers. There is no problem with sound from speakers in other rooms though out my home. I have the older Bose Accustimass stereo system with base and tremble system on floor.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/16/2016
Technician: Jack, Technician replied 2 years ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem , let me know when you`re ready ?

ready

Hello , a few questions

You are saying that you lost the tv sound ?

Is there anything else connected to the bose that plays or its own radio perhaps ?

What i mean is , is it only the tv sound that went ?

All sound from entire system which controls Audio for TV, FM tuner/radio, CD etc. The Bose System I am describing is the older system in which you hook all your electronic systems into it. With a touch of remote you are able to switch over to each system. As I mentioned. All other speakers though out my home are working. It is just the surround sound small cube speakers which are controlled by Accustimass bass/tremble, not working.

Now this is where you lose me about the other speakers in the house , do we have to mention them ?

I know the type of system you are talking about and as far as i know it does not have zone 2 or 3 speakers , just the acoustimass module where the cubes connect

So what doe sthe other speaker in the house have to do with this one ??

Also , just to be sure here , you get nothing out of this one is that correct ?

So its not just the tv you mentioned in your opening post is that correct ?

The other speakers in the home are connected to the Bose system via a additional amplifier connection which controls 3 sets of bose speakers in the other rooms throughout home. Our problem is the speakers controlled by the Accuticmass are not working.

Sorry but something came up and I will have to step out , I will repost your question .

You don`t have to do anything , your question will be reposted for other techs. to see and jump in.

Hope I am being clear with explanation. The Bose tuner is working fine. It is the 5 surround sound cube speakers controlled by the Accusticmass not emitting any sound.
Technician: Louie, Technician replied 2 years ago
Louie, Technician

Hi Leo and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number / which version of the Acoustimass module.

Still, the described symptom almost always point to an internal hardware issue or more particularly with the Acoustimass module.

Are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiar with a multi-meter and even a soldering iron?

If it is a internal issue which requires multi-meter and soldering iron I do not have the DIY skills. Is there a Bose technician in my area of North Andover, MA you can recommend to service Acoutimass module or suggestion to purchase a new module, where or how? Acutimass 25 Series II Speaker System, Year 1995, D.O.M. # ***** Serial No. *********** 1379A
Hi LouI am all set. I have fixed the problem. Everything is now working fine. Thanks for your help. Leo

Great Leo! Good to hear that the issue has been resolved, congratulations.