Home Theater-Stereo

Home Theater Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Home Theater-Stereo

I have a marantz PM6005 amplifier that won't power on. The

Customer Question
indicator light is red. Not...
I have a marantz PM6005 amplifier that won't power on. The indicator light is red. Not blinking red-- when I attempt to turn it on, it's solid red. The unit isn't warm at all.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
1/9/2016
Technician: ITPeter, Engineer replied 2 years ago
ITPeter
ITPeter, Engineer

Hi there,

This is quite an old model of amplifier, and I suspect that some components in the power supply circuitry have failed, hence the reason why it will not power on.

If you have some experience in electronic repairs you could open it up and check for anything obvious, e.g. bulging or leaking electrolytic capacitors, and replace them.. or you could have a local electronics repair shop fix it for you.

They will typically charge around $75-125 for this type of repair.

Pete.

ITPeter
ITPeter
ITPeter, Engineer