Home Theater-Stereo

Home Theater Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Home Theater-Stereo

We have a Bose radio/cd combination. The radio is working

Customer Question
fine but the cd player...
We have a Bose radio/cd combination. The radio is working fine but the cd player is skipping songs on the cd. an this be repaired or do we get a new one?
JiJI Jonas
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/8/2016
Technician: Jack, Technician replied 1 year ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem

I`m afraid that this usually indicates a weakening laser /optic bloc on the player unit and although you could try one of those cleaning disc , it is my experience that it doesn`t usually solve the problem or for a short time only .

Beside replacing the whole system you could possibly use an external cd player .

You did not give me the model number but usually those Bose wave radio do have an AUX input where you can connect a MP3 player , Ipod etc. and also a CD player

Here are some examples of cleaning disc ;

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Memorex-32020022912/15120287

If that answers your question please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you have questions.
Thank you

Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician