Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

I have a TEAC CR-h500nt that won't turn on. It seems to

Customer Question

Customer: I'm Rob. I have a TEAC CR-h500nt that won't turn on. It seems to immediately trip or trips after 1-2 seconds. I disconnected the speaker wires, no improvement. Any suggestions?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Red standby light is on. Hit power switch, blue light illuminates briefly then hear a click and red standby light comes back. When it worked properly, the blue light indicated it was on.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Home Theater-Stereo Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, are you considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiar with a multi-meter and even a soldering iron?