Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands
59725966

I have a Yamaha RX-V663 receiver and I recently purchased a

Customer Question

I have a Yamaha RX-V663 receiver and I recently purchased a Xbox One, I have two outside speakers that are attached in Zone 2 not sure how to get sound running to these outside speakers? I recently purchased a Analog R/L RCA Digital optical Converter to try and fix the issue no luck.
I'm worried the zone control cannot be all be DTV/CBL ?
I have a Blue ray DVD player
Direct TV
Xbox one
any thoughts?
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Your'e on the right track, z2 cannot use a digital connection (hdmi), so you'll have to run optical out of your xbox to the converter, then red/white from converter to the yamaha. HOWEVER, as an added step, because the converter is only able to change digital to analog, but not to actually decode any format, you'll also have to go into the xbox setup menu and change the audio output format to 2ch pcm/stereo (instead of dolby/surround).

This ends up losing you surround in the main zone. If you need that, then you'd have to get a better quality converter that can actually decode as well: http://amzn.to/1IRfFLN