Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Aric, I have a Russound CAA66 and now it make a pop sound

Customer Question

Hi Aric, I have a Russound CAA66 and now it make a pop sound when I turn a it on at a keypad on the wall
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

A slight 'speaker pop' is fairly normal phenomenon in amplifiers, when turned On. It is known as a startup surge, in which the electronics settle down after all voltages are established by the power supply starting to provide voltage to the circuits.

The usual recommendation is to have the volume low, when turning it On.

Does it omit the popping sound, when you turn it On in any other fashion than with the keypad mounted on the wall ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that is the only time it makes the popping sound is when you turn it on from a keypad.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Try tapping the keypad sharply, when turning it On or Off. Perhaps the contacts are in an uncertain status, and make not-very-firm contact at first, and that induces the popping sound.

Let me know, please. (Note: don't turn any device On, then Off too soon, nor On again too soon, even when testing. It's good to allow at least 20 seconds between turning On or turning Off events.