Rusty
Rusty, Engineer
Experience:  Let my expertise help solve your technical problems. Over 20 years electronics and sound equipment experience.
63817454

Gaetan I have just bought the Pioneer VSX524 AV. When I play

Customer Question

Customer: Gaetan I have just bought the Pioneer VSX524 AV. When I play a blue ***** ***** DVD the sound only comes out from the sub-woofer and the two side speakers. I do I set it to surround sound?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I use a Samsumg 3d Blue ***** ***** player.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Home Theater-Stereo Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Rusty. Press Auto/Direct on your remote control repeatedly until AUTO SURROUND is shown in the display. Any time you have a disc that is encoded in Dolby, it will enable your surround speakers. Stereo sources will only play through the front speakers and sub. Tell me how it sounds in Auto Surround mode.