Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Put my audio receiver into Auto MCACC mode, it starts to

Customer Question

put my audio receiver into Auto MCACC mode, it starts to play tones then shuts off. Why is that? Why won't it stay on and complete the test?
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and sorry you're having problems. We are now connected on this website- which saves you money over having a Tech come to your home, and in many cases we can fix the problem you're having.

The receiver shuts off when one of the speaker wires is touching an adjacent wire, the speaker itself is bad, or there's a bare strand of wire touching the chassis of the receiver. In other words- it's sensing a short at the output on that particular channel it's on when running the MCACC test. So which speaker does it go to before shutting down?

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.