Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a VSX-30 Pioneer receiver. The problem is that

Customer Question

I have a VSX-30 Pioneer receiver. The problem is that pushing the remote master volume + or - buttons doesn't change the volume on the receiver. I bought it on 01/24/2011. What can I do to solve the problem?
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and sorry you're having problems. We are now connected on this website- which saves you money over having a Tech come to your home, and in many cases we can fix the problem you're having.

Please first try unplugging the receiver from power for 30 seconds and plugging it back in as a soft reset and see if you have the same problem.

If so, then proceed with performing a "Resetting of the Main Unit" by following the instructions outlined on page 80 of the manual at the link below:

https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/StaticFiles/Manuals/Home/VSX-30_OperatingInstructions0430.pdf

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.