Home Theater-Stereo

Home Theater Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Home Theater-Stereo

I have a 35 year old NAD 7140 stereo receiver which I used

Customer Question
with similar vintage Snell Acoustics...
I have a 35 year old NAD 7140 stereo receiver which I used with similar vintage Snell Acoustics speakers. Sound stopped a couple months ago. I tried the speakers with another receiver and they worked so I assume it's the receiver. Lights go on when I power it up but no audio. Is there somewhere I can take the NAD receiver, which I love, to be tested, short of driving to Boston? Or can I ship it somewhere? L
David Schutt
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
12/26/2015
Technician: Jack, Technician replied 2 years ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello , my name is Jack

Perhaps i can help you with this

Those NADs were beautiful units but yes this model it is getting old and you will need to find an lder tech. (like me) to work on this .

What i would suggest first would be to contact NAD USA at this number 1-***-***-**** and see if there are service centers near you .

You probably will have to ship it out though .

For local repair shops that may take a look at it , let me have your zip code ?

My zip code is 10960.

Thanks

By the way , did it quit while playing or just would not come on one day ?

What do you have connected to it ?

You could check with these guys ;

Bryn Mawr TV

72 Route 59(###) ###-####/p>

Perhaps these guys as well ;

Stanton TV Repair

Television Repair Service

272 E Main St · +1(###) ###-####/p>

------------------------------------------

Engel Audio Video Services

*****· +1(###) ###-####/p>

I will also give you the service manual that may come in handy for those guys

Here is that manual and if you feel like doing some troubleshooting yourself then let me know and there are a few things that could be tried with the help of this manual and a voltmeter if you have one handy

Click this link for the manual ; https://www.dropbox.com/s/kgeu7xio3mcctla/hfe_nad_7140_service_en.pdf?dl=0

If that answers your questions for now please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you have questions.
Thank you

Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician