Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have just bought a soundbar and 2 additional speaker

Customer Question

Hi. I have just bought a soundbar and 2 additional speaker units. I am having trouble with the App. How do I load multiple albums to each preset? For example, I want to set up each preset with multiple albums of various music styles eg pre set 6 to contain 10 Christmas albums. But every time I add another album it replaces the one that was there!
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

In order to advise you specifically and particularly, I would need to know what App you are using with your SoundBar ( - I at least can guess it is a Bose SoundBar, but of that I am not quite certain.) Also it might help if I knew whether you have an Android handheld device that you are running the App for the SoundBar on.

But there is certainly a wide variety of choices for SoundBar apps. The answer to your question, might ultimately be to use a different app than the one I might guess you are using, the SoundTouch app. It might be that the capability you are looking for just isn't there.

I think the way the SoundTouch app is supposed to be used is, for the preset to be pointed to a playlist, rather than to be a playlist itself. If you point it to an album, that constitutes the whole of the preset, in the SoundTouch app anyway. So if you point it to another album, then it becomes nothing but that other album. In other words, the presets in SoundTouch app are unitary... unless you point a preset to a playlist, e.g. in iTunes.

Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

(Note: if you are using a SoundTouch app version less than 10., you might want to try a more advanced version - it might have more capability.)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am using the current app (just purchased from the App Store. ( yes, it is a Bose system!). I am using it on I phones and a MS desktop, which is where the music library resides. Please point me to directions as to how to set a play list. Many thanks, Grant
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
  • Playlists must be made in iTunes on the same computer which houses your music and SoundTouch app. Playlists made on a mobile device (iPhone, iPad etc.) will not show up in the SoundTouch app
  • Playlists which are built or curated automatically, such as Genius playlists will not be compatible with the SoundTouch app
  • Content and playlists from iTunes Match, or the iCloud storage service will also not be available through SoundTouch. It can only play music and lists which are physically stored on your computer's hard drive.

The playlist must be not only created, but also iTunes must be manually synced thereafter, before the playlist may be selected from the SoundTouch app.

It might be best to do this sort of playlist selecting, from the MS Desktop, unless you can access iTunes and its playlists from your iPhone(s).

(Do you need directions on how to create a playlist in iTunes?)

Pretty much, you just select an iTunes playlist, from the SoundTouch app.