Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Have a 3808ci denon tried updating the firmware and it said

Customer Question

Customer: Have a 3808ci denon tried updating the firmware and it said 1/14 went through number 1 at 100% got to Sub Firm 27 min it went to 26 minutes and it just says updating nothing more is hapining. I had this going for 4 hours now
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Sure No issue other then I cant seem to update the firmware it seems stuck at Sub Firm 26 minues updating
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Home Theater-Stereo Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and sorry you're having problems. We are now connected on this website- which saves you money over having a Tech come to your home, and in many cases we can fix the problem you're having.

Please unplug the Denon from power, then plug it back in and see if it's stuck updating.

If so, then there's two things we can try to fix it. One is to reset the processor and the other is to reset the network settings in the receiver.

Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi thanks for the update. I already tried unplugging and also tried a hard reser by pressing the power button and dsp simulation and standard button letting it flash for 4 to 5 times then release . It comes up an starts all over again ting to update with the same thing stuck on updating a 26 min.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay then you need to go into the settings and reset the network settings. I can pull up that info if you'd like.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I using the web browser to enter the network settings at 192.168.1.152 Cant access the network settings on the display because it keeps saying updating. However I can access the settings through the web browser. How do I reset those settings?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Are you saying the Denon remote will not let you into any of the settings of the receiver? Also what do you man by "access settings through the web browser"?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What I am saying is that if you look at the display on the receiver I try to do a factory reset and it when it comes back up it keeps on going to try to do a firmware update again. next it will start to do the update automatically and the display will freeze on: "SUB Firm 26 min Updating".
However, I have a Ethernet cat 5 cable connected to it and when I enter the ip of the receiver through the web browser on the computer I get a menu. I can move around in the menu and if I ping the ip of the receiver from the computer I get a reply so the receiver is online.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay, so what I'm asking is if you can enter the OSD of the receiver using it's remote please. We don't need to ping the receiver, we need to reset it's internet settings on the receiver itself.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
nope romote does not do a thing while displaying sub firm updating
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay this is very bad news. If we can't enter the receiver's GUI interface in order to reset the unit's network settings then this is going to require service to the receiver to fix the problem as it's a fault on it's mainboard. Please first try this as a reset, unplug the Denon then disconnect the Cat5 cable from it altogether. Plug the receiver back in and let me know what the display shows.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried to use another mainboard and still the same thing
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

The Mainboard is an internal PCB. You're saying you replaced the Denon's Mainboard??

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when I mean the mainboard I ment the bottom board for the preamp
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the circuit pcb
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Oh so you already have replaced parts in this receiver?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Given that new information I am opting out. The question is back on the boards for other experts to assist.