Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

Our area had inclement weather during the night, which

Customer Question

Our area had inclement weather during the night, which resulted in a power outage.
Today my Bose system does not respond to functions: FM/AM – CD – Aux.
I can set the clock; however, the ‘functions’ are not responding. I have unplugged my Bose in the back of player, I’ve unplugged it from the surge protector, and I have unplugged it from the wall. All at different intervals – I’ve left it unplugged for 30 minutes with the hope that a ‘long’ reset would help.
Please help me. Thank you.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the Bose.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model AWRCC2 - serial number 033976C63236582AC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Additional, it is a SoundDock - Series II
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OOPS, disregard that last note - that's my dock not my Bose. Sorry!
It's Model AWRCC2 - serial number 033976C63236582AC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I touch the 'function' key (FM/AM 0 CD - AUX) It advises to "PLEASE WAIT"
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Additional, the 'function keys' icons do not appear on the display.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Appreciate the additional information.

Are you able to try a Systems' RESET?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The reset listed in the owner's manual are the 'unplug & re-plug'. I have done everything in the owner's manual - over & over.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Other than the "unplugging", there would be in most versions a RESET to factory defaults in the Systems' MENU. Are you able to perform this please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not found a RESET. Where do I look.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Depending on the version, can you please check/try ?press and hold the Alarm Time (Menu) / SETUP MENU / press TUNE / System Reset / Press Time - or Time + / YES / press Alarm Time again.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Evertime I select yes, it goes back to 'no'
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Interesting...

Can you please try exercising the different buttons? ...by gently tapping on each and everyone a number of times. The idea is to release a possible stuck button.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Finally, it says reset complete. However, no function.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

I understand and this is very significant; a reset is both a test and a try of a fix. As it implies, a reset would force the unit to revert back to factory defaults removing glitches and config errors.

A non-corrective would indicate an internal hardware issue.

If comfortably able and feel safe to do so, are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiar with a multi-meter and even perhaps a soldering iron?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, that is not my forte.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Please post back how you would want to approach this and/or should additional information be needed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
From our conversation, I'd say, it is not fixable by me - the user. So sad! But, thanks for trying.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

I realize that the above information may perhaps be not what was expected. Unfortunately, there is no quick-n-easy fix and neither is there a workaround; sorry for having to be the bearer of bad news.

Please see the link below if considering a repair for the AWRCC2 . This is to setup an RMA#:

http://www.bose.com/controller?url=/customer_service/index.jsp

Season's Greetings!