Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

I have a Mitsubishi WD-57732 TV, I use cable with 5.1 Dolby

Customer Question

I have a Mitsubishi WD-57732 TV, I use Cox cable with 5.1 Dolby sound, I am shopping
for a sound bar, with wireless sub speaker. I need to know if this tv has enough power to run this many channels without an AMP, and will it separate the channels satisfactorily also what are the specs needed to shop intellegiantly.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

The tv has no ability to drive external speakers without an amplifier.

Soundbars, in general, are going to be an Active (powered) device, so they don't need amplification from the tv.

You just need a powered soundbar, and the tv is capable of passing digital audio signals to a soundbar system.

I can recommend some systems for you, but need to know if you want just a soundbar + subwoofer, which would be considered a 2.1 or 3.1 type system, or if you want a real 5.1 surround system?