Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have worked with home theater systems for over 20 years.
11519491

I have a Denon 3805 receiver and just bought a used Denon

Customer Question

I have a Denon 3805 receiver and just bought a used Denon 2930CI DVD/cd player. The CD player works fine when playing regular cds or dts cds through the optical cable. However, when I hooked a cat 6 cable up from the dvd player to the denon link, I get no sound even though the dvd player is actually playing the cd (but it is a SACD). Do I need to update the firmware on the receiver and the dvd player? How could I do that? And do I need to activate something in the receiver to make it recognize the cat 6 cable via the Denon Link? (None of the lighted GUI inputs says "Denon Link" on the screen when the receiver is turned on)Lastly, would things be a lot simpler if I just connected the dvd player to the receiver via the six analog cables? If I did that, how do I make the receiver recognize that input?
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I am Tech Michael and will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem

, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating after we're finished. it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only compensated for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

click on” Reply to Expert” to reply to me.

The more you tell me the quicker we can solve your your problem ;-)

The best way and for the best audio output on this system is to do exactly what you finally mentioned lol;-)

Use RCA cables directly, that is the best way to do this. You could try updating your system but I don't think that has yet been implemented for this one. I wish I had a better solution but even I would do it that.

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate kindly thus far, it won't cost you anything to rate my service to you kindly,

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a nice day!

Tech Michael

Thank you

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK but does the receiver somehow recognize the RCA cables automatically or do I need to 'set' something in order for that to happen?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi some automatically do that, but sometimes you need to set which source you are monitoring so it knows which port to use as the input to the receiver.

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Please rate kindly so I can stick with you until you have this up and working as it should.

Thanks

Tech Michael