Home Theater-Stereo

Home Theater Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Home Theater-Stereo

Dears Sirs I have a Pioneer Receiver Model #VSX-821-k and I

Customer Question
Dears Sirs I have a Pioneer...
Dears Sirs
I have a Pioneer Receiver Model #VSX-821-k and I am having a functional problem with my connection to a new Samsung HD TV. My connections are as follows; The TV's HDMI 3(ARC) input is connected to the receiver's HDMI TV Output; the Direct TV HDMI output is connected to the receiver's DVR/BDR HDMI input; the Samsung Blueray HDMI output is connected the receiver's HDMI DVD input. The receiver HDMI setup is set control on and ARC on . When I turn on the TV and Direct TV receiver with the receiver input set to DVR/BDR. It stay that way for about two minute or less and then it changes to TV/SAT. I can change it back to DVR/BDR and it will stay there. All HDMI cables are marked as High Speed cables. What can I do to prevent it from switching to TV/SAT? This is very annoying and not user friendly for my wife. I have tried to connect direct TV input to BD / Video 1 with no success in preventing the switching to TV/SAT. Please help!
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
12/6/2015
Technician: Jack, Technician replied 2 years ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hi , I`m Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first i would have a few questions so could you please send me a reply when you see this ?

I am not sure what you are asking. Is not my explanation detailed enough?

Hello really just wanted to have your reply first .

I`ll start by saying that this situation is somewhat normal when the hdmi control is set to ON , when the receiver detects activity from the tv`s HDMI input it switches by default to tv/sat input where it assumes the cable box or satellite receiver would be connected .

Is there anything connected there by the way ?

One way to change that would be to turn off the hdmi control but then on some receiver it also turns off the ARC function , if this is not the case on yours then by all mean set the HDMI CONTROL to OFF and that should take care of this problem.

Another possibility would be within the receiver's ANYNET / HDMI CEC function which is another hdmi control from Samsung and often causes problem with different controls systems , it is on by default so try to turn it off in the TV's MENU>>> SYSTEM>>> ANYNET (HDMI-CEC) >>> OFF and that may just do the trick.

Finally if nothing is connected in the TV's TV/SAT input then connect your direct tv there , that is where the receiver expects it anyway and why it switches there when it detects you watching tv

If that answers your question please do not forget to rate by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you have questions.
Thank you

Correction here ;

" Finally if nothing is connected in the pioneer`s TV/SAT ........

.

Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician