Rusty
Rusty, Engineer
Experience:  Let my expertise help solve your technical problems. Over 20 years electronics and sound equipment experience.
63817454

How do I connect my bose 3-2-1 system to my new Samsung

Customer Question

how do I connect my bose 3-2-1 system to my new Samsung JS9000 one connect system
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Rusty. Look on the side of the One Connect unit, there is an optical audio output. Connect that to Bose. Select the optical input on Bose, and you'll be all set. Let me know if you have any trouble.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did as you said however no success. I changed the speaker through the tv as well . It does show some modulation but no sound, any other sugesstions
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.

Yes, in your TV's audio menu, turn your TV speakers off, and set the audio output to PCM. PCM is the coding that Bose can understand. Let me know if you have trouble finding the setting. You should see a red light on the end of the optical cable at the Bose end. Be sure to push the connectors in all the way, they have a tendency not to go all the way in.

Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.

Were you able to get it to work with the PCM setting?