Joe
Joe, Technician
Experience:  connections and repair diagnosis of home theater
20508815

I have a Kenwood DP-R28 cd player abt 20yrs old my wife

Customer Question

i have a Kenwood DP-R28 cd player abt 20yrs old my wife tried to get 6 discs in 5 slots??? The tray wouldnt open so i forced tray out and the 6th disc fell off tray inside machine i removed cover and removed disc but the tray will not return to original place it sticks out about 30mm and i can't work out how it works can you help
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks anyway i have just found a broken part that needs soldering which i cannot do please take $10 for your time and refund the $40,cheers Neil
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Hello Neil,

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

Often times a harness will just be knocked loose, in some cases a solder joint can be broken. If you have the experience and tool you can resolder however it is very important to know that soldering on one of these boards is much more delicate vs everyday soldering and it is easy to cause further damage in which case you may wish to utilize a shop/professional or replace the unit.

Thank you!
- Joe

Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!

If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i told you the problem with the part that needed soldering 6 mins before you answered i said take $10 for your time and you took $50 please refund my $40
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

I will put in the request for you. Do you need any further assistance?

Thanks,

Joe

Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

Thanks,

Joe