Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer. Authorized dealer top brands
59725966

I have a fusion music server that i would like to optically

Customer Question

I have a fusion music server that i would like to optically connect to my denon 1905. is this possible?
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Which model server do you have?

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

OMS-1

OMS-2

OMS-3

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
oms-1
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

That is not really possible on that model. The 1 model only has analog outputs, no digital output option is available.

So you can use the red/white analog stereo connections,

or you could upgrade to the 2/3 models which do have digital audio outputs available.

There are options for an external converter box to adapt analog to optical, but there would be no net benefit to it, as the audio quality can't be improved at all after it has been downconverted to analog in the first place.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Soprry it's an oms-3. I have already connected the toslink cable from the oms-3 to the denon opt input 2.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Okay that is a different situation then.

on opt 2 you need to set the denon to the the TV/DBS mode (by default, unless you've changed the input assignments).

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I really just need to know how to select the optical input on the Denon
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

By default it is under tv/dbs.

You may also need to use the INPUT MODE button (bottom left of the display), repeatedly, to cycle through the options until you get to opt/dig mode.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK. I cycled through the setting using the INPUT MODE button, but never got opt/dig on the display.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

You can have it on Auto, or on optical/digital (just not ana). You may have to hit the ext in button first, then the Input Mode.

The source mode still needs to be on tv/dbs (unless you've changed it).

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK. The most I have been able to do is turn off surround sound but nothing from the Fusion.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

You may need to go into the denon setup menu, under input assign, and then you'll see options for each port. Set the opt 2 to whatever you want it to be used under for the fusion (cd, tv, dvd, etc). Make sure it is set to the right source, then try again with adjusting that input mode setting, if needed.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

It would be a good idea as well to test that same port and settings with another device (dvd player, cable box, etc) just to make sure everything is performing as intended on the denon.

That would isolate if any remaining issues are external (bad cable, missing setting on the fusion, etc).

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had the same idea. I will try that later tonight or tomorrow.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

You're very welcome, and best of luck to you.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please do remember to rate my service prior to logging off, hopefully I have earned an “excellent”. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1e81djv

Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,