Home Theater-Stereo

Home Theater Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Home Theater-Stereo

Louie only please. I have a spare cartrige/ stylus Bang and

Customer Question
Louie only please. I have...
Louie only please. I have a spare cartrige/ stylus for my Bang and Olfson Biogram 8000. I found a model 1700 cheap that is missing the cartrige/ stylus. Would my spare for my 8000 interchange / work? Unlike other turntables these just plug in and have
no headshell to mount them to. Advise appreciated. Thanks
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
11/11/2015
Technician: Louie, Technician replied 2 years ago
Louie, Technician

Hi again Darius and welcome back to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, please confirm if the spare cartridge/stylus of the Beogram 8000 is an MMC2.

My spare is a MMC 220 EN It includes a small plastic plug like thing that I guess is needed in some applications to connect to tone arm. I think this stylus is near the top of the line intended for the 8000 series. Question is if it will work. But I realize if it did work I may be using a much more valuable one then intended for the 1800. I have the spare due to the upgrade to the next higher with saphire counterliever which this one did not have. Just noticed its a Biogram 1700 not 1800. I attached pics. Auction ends in 2 hours. no bids , under $20. I may get it to use to sell it along with other vintage gear so I am selling a complete system. If pics do not come trhough, can try search by model and ending soonest. Thanks

Appreciate the pictures and confirms my initial suspicions.

Based on the Service Manual, the 1700 indeed uses MMC20S and the EN version is a full upgrade thus should work (even better).

Louie, Technician