Louie, Technician
Experience:  Have been in the business 25+ yrs., down to component level.
13948492

I have a Yamaha YHT-497 home theatre setup. Recently,

Customer Question

I have a Yamaha YHT-497 home theatre setup. Recently, crackling and popping noises have started while we're watching a movie (maybe 60+ minutes into the movie) and the audio will cut out for 30 seconds or so. I've checked all the connections and they look fine. I've got a APC voltage regulator on the receiver given I've had some issues with circuits in the house.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially and if all external factors have been checked, then the described symptom almost always point to an internal hardware issue and would require that the unit be opened up for visual inspection, voltage/continuity/resistance checks, confirm faults and effect repairs.

Are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiar with a multi-meter and even a soldering iron?

Please post back results / observations of the above once tried.

Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Sorry the above post should read as...

...Initially, have you tried plugging in directly to an outlet / power source without any regulator?

Still and if all external factors have been checked, then the described symptom almost always point to an internal hardware issue and would require that the unit be opened up for visual inspection, voltage/continuity/resistance checks, confirm faults and effect repairs.

Please post back how you would want to approach this.