Martin, Engineer
Experience:  16 years, include works in aluminium plant, industrial machinery, military weapons, programming
14666028

What is wrong homestereo system will not play and word

Customer Question

what is wrong homestereo system will not play and word protect displayed
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.

Hi. I see many have the same problem with that model and that make me think it must be a bad component in the system. But first, let me know if you still have the message if you power the unit without any speakers (or speakers wire) connected to it and with the volume the lower possible.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.

Then it will require servicing. The first thing i would check is for capacitor that became resistive and pull too much current or the kind of tantalum capacitor at the exit stage of the amplifier used to filter the output (those can sometime short and need to be replaced (or simply removed for testing purpose) ).

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it still shows up
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
where is capacitor located
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.

There is a lot of capacitors (electrolytic) and every one is a culprit. Those closer to the power supply have less chance to be the problem as the protect mecanism seem to work (they can still be part of the problem that said). The tantalum capacitor if it use them are usually not far from the output path to the speaker if you backtrace it from the speaker connector back to the circuit board.