Russell A.
Russell A., Technician
Experience:  30 years of experience as a TV station tech gives me a unique understanding of home theater-stereo setups.
24675295

Nikon l840 coolpix digital camera I encounter times like

Customer Question

nikon l840 coolpix digital camera I encounter times like this morning when shooting cardinals in my back yard that after I take a shot, there is a delay for as long as 1 minute before I can take another shot. Seems like the camera it stuck. What is going
on here? It is driving me nuts!
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Russell A. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, What is the type (SD or SDHC) and size (capacity in gb) of your memory card?

How have you been using it? Taking shots then downloading and erasing or jus storing everything on the card?

Is it filled to near capacity?

Finally, what is the Speed Class (the number in the circle)?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sd 32gb
Since i wrote i downloaded photos and erased. It seems to be back on track and taking shots w little delay between. Was that the problem?
I take photos in the early morning. I thought this caused it where the auto focus cannot adjust to the low light. Is there a remedy for this?
Expert:  Russell A. replied 1 year ago.

If the camera is hunting for focus, first, make sure that the lens is clear of fog or mist. Early morning air can cause this when you come out of the house. Next, you can raise the ISO sensitivity to 1600 in fixed mode (page 83 of the manual). This will shorten the lag time. Just make sure that you return it to Auto when low light shooting is done.

Please keep in mind that my diagnosis & solutions provided are directly dependent on the accuracy of your description of the problem. As with any "do it yourself" fixes, success is a "team effort", since I can't see or touch the camera, and relies on the customer's manual dexterity and ability to follow the instructions well.

If you require additional information, please use the Reply to Expert Tab to contact me. Click the ratings only after our exchange is complete and you are satisfied.

If you are satisfied that my answer is accurate, please do not forget to rate my answer OK, Good or Excellent.

Thank you