ITPeter
ITPeter, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Engineer
30970729

I have, and successfully using, a Klipsch GiG with Bluetooth

Customer Question

I have, and successfully using, a Klipsch GiG with Bluetooth connection from my iPhone. My problem today is that I am unable to make that Bluetooth connection. Symptoms: after powering on, I hold the power/Bluetooth button down for 3-5 seconds, then the 3 lights on the volumn knob are all lit (not sure that that happened previously), and sometimes, but not all times, the Bluetooth connection/linking tone chimes; however, connection linking fails. Is there any recognition of these failing behaviors? If so, what is the remedy? If not, is there anyway to "reset" the device and retry, or other action I may try to fix? Thank you.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  ITPeter replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

Sometimes the BlueTooth connection can fail after updating the iOS software on the iPhone.

Restarting both the phone and the wireless device should get the connection working again.

If it does not then try un-pairing (forgetting) and re-pairing the BlueTooth connection again.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for attempting to help me resolve this problem, Pete. I took the steps you suggested. This did not fix the problem.The speaker is not behaving as it did previously: Normally, after power on, turning on Bluetooth pairing is enabled by holding up the power switch for 3-5 seconds, afterwhich a tone indicating pairing mode is heard. Now, this pairing mode is not entered upon holding up the switch.
Expert:  ITPeter replied 1 year ago.

Can you test if any other phones still work ok with the speaker?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
At your suggestion, I tried pairing with another phone, and it worked. So, I then tried again with my phone and it worked. However, I've subsequently tried multiple times without success. As indicated in my prior message, the GiG speaker is not behaving as expected when I take the directed (by product manual) action to initiate pairing connection.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have received no response from you to my message of 27 October: "At your suggestion, I tried pairing with another phone, and it worked. So, I then tried again with my phone and it worked. However, I've subsequently tried multiple times without success. As indicated in my prior message, the GiG speaker is not behaving as expected when I take the directed (by product manual) action to initiate pairing connection." I look forward to hearing from you, thank you.