Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a ps3-2-1 ii powered speaker system bose system. It

Customer Question

Hi i have a ps3-2-1 ii powered speaker system bose system. It does not start. Keeps hanging. In the display you see BOSE 3.2.1
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'm an Independent Tech. Please send a reply back so that I know you're with me and can see my replies.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. How long have you owned the Bose for and when did the problem occur? Also what have you tried so far to correct this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hiii,
JustAnswerAsk a question
Finish by rating
Keep Technicians on call - FREE! See how
Hi i have a ps3-2-1 ii powered speaker...
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Can you just simply reply on this page?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
For last 5 years. Have not turn it on in a while. I have turned it on last week it worked. Good
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Then I turned it on again same day. Did not work.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It started to work slow, then i pressed the dvd tray, it state it will opening thw tray . Then it just hanged and stayed like that
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pls see pic
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the reply. Please first, try disconnecting the Bose from power- then press and hold the On/Off button on the Bose console itself (not the remote) for 15 seconds and release. Wait a minute then plug the system back in and press power once. Let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok will do
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay the message on the screen means the microprocessor is locked up- and in many cases this is caused by a power supply failure within the system. However sometimes the reset above will work. Let me know what happens please.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Do you still have the same problem?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tried it, still same problem
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry to hear that, and this does indicate a mechanical failure in the Bose- first can you tell me if pressing and holding Eject on the system causes the Eject motor to engage (Whirrrr sound coming from the player)?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
By pressing it, it does not give any sound from the player
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately the system would require service from Bose, the micro is not booting up at all and there's no buttons or adjustments you can use to correct this issue. Since Bose are the only ones that repair their systems (only ones with access to schematics and parts), you would need to contact them and setup a repair ticket on the system. Typically they are VERY good about repairing these units for cheap- or in some cases (they handle this on a case by case basis) they will opt to perform the repair for free even on a unit out of warranty- but again that is their call.

BOSE:

For assistance with your product, please call us toll-free at 1-***-***-****. For help with our aviation headsets, call 1-***-***-****.

For the best possible service, please have your product nearby when you call. Hours of operation: Monday – Friday: 8:30 AM – 8 PM ET

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

You're welcome. You can also try leaving the system unplugged for several hours- in the hopes of a reset- although I don't have high hopes for this to work.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?