Home Theater-Stereo

Home Theater Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Home Theater-Stereo

My DDX492 quit displaying caller ID. Using IPhone 6 plus.

Customer Question
My DDX492 quit displaying caller...
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
10/2/2015
Technician: Rusty, Engineer replied 2 years ago
Rusty
Rusty, Engineer

Hello, my name is Rusty. Who is your cellular company? Which city are you closest to?

Verizon, Hesperia, CA 92345

Ok, here's what's going on with the iPhone 6. It's using and testing new technology called VoLTE, which is voice over LTE. They haven't built caller ID into the software yet, so you're experiencing a test product.

Advanced Calling 1.0 has also launched for Verizon customers. This is supposed to fix the caller ID problem, and it's a free program.

First, verify that you meet all of the eligibility requirements.

If you're eligible, follow these steps to get Advanced Calling 1.0:

1. Sign in to My Verizon.
  2. Click Manage My Account and select Manage Products & Apps.
  3. Click the Get Products tab at the top of the page.
  4. Click Get it now to select the product or service you wish to purchase.
  5. When the checkout window opens, choose the compatible devices you'd like HD Voice added to.
  6. Click Confirm Purchase to complete the checkout process for the selected devices.
  7. Click OK on the confirmation screen. If applicable, a free text message with a link to download the app from the App Store will be sent to the device/s you've selected.

Note: If you don't want to receive a text confirmation, uncheck the checkbox before clicking OK, and no text message will be sent.

You've successfully added Advanced Calling 1.0.

Certain Advanced Calling 1.0-capable devices (such as LG G3, Samsung Galaxy Note Edge, and Motorola Droid Turbo) allow you to get Advanced Calling 1.0 right from your own devices. Simply follow these steps:

1. Go to Settings.
  2. Tap Advanced Calling under WIRELESS NETWORKS.
  3. Tap Activate Advanced Calling and follow on-screen instruction.

I tried the above. Did not work. How ever, I my have been confused. I went to the Verizon site and could not find the app you indicated. I did find a existing app on my phone. When I selected it gave my a message to contact Verizon. I did same and Verizon activated the app with no results. So did your suggestion indicated that the app has been updated and I need to come to up version 1.0 or have I done my part ? also, I wanted to up my information. I d get the telephone number on the the screen, but not the name.

Names are ***** ***** be asking for too much, only some names come up when they correspond to websites. Are you seeing numbers now?

I get the incoming telephone numbers. When installed, I hd names for several weeks. Then it stopped.

Usually the caller ID will only display the names when the caller is in your contact list. Is this the case?

When I select "phone list", all contacts come up. I am supposed to see the number and name if they are in my contacts. That is not happening.

Ok, it could be that the version of Advanced Calling isn't the right one. Go into your apps, and delete it. Then, click here to get the app. That way I'll know where you're at, and we can go from there.

Sorry this is taking a few shots, this is a brand new feature, and Apple likes to test new products on the early adopters.

The below message is on the link you provided:A: Customers who add HD Voice and have a Video Calling-capable phone are eligible for Video Calling. Currently, this feature is not supported on iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus and Nexus 6.I have a iPhone 6 Plus.

This is off of their FAQ page:

What Apple devices support Advanced Calling 1.0?

Both iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus support Advanced Calling 1.0 at this time.
Older model iPhones will NOT receive a software update to support Advanced Calling 1.0.

There are programs that need to be removed, as they are not compatible with Advanced Calling 1.0.

• Ringback Tones
  • Slacker Radio Tones
  • Caller Name ID
  • Company Name ID

Did it give you a message that these will be removed?

No, I did not receive as message. I called Verizon and they activated Advanced Calling. Settings, Cellular, Enable LTE.

Check to see if you have any of those apps installed. If they are, delete them, they will conflict with Advanced Calling.

These items are not apps, they are part of the OS.

This is where you deactivate those features: https://mobile.vzw.com/hybridClient/index.html?wifi-enterMdn

What I did was activate "Caller Name ID for Mobile Devices". I will wait for awhile and test it.

Thanks for your patience, I'll be here in case it didn't do the trick.

Rusty
Rusty
Rusty, Engineer