Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Remodeling house i have a bose v35 and bose v28 how do I

Customer Question

remodeling house i have a bose v35 and bose v28 how do I seet up five zones
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, The Bose V35 and V28 Home Theater systems are simply 5 channel surround systems- each one is designed to run one 5.1 channel "Zone". These are not expandable n the sense that you can run an additional zone off of each system.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

They each have Bose Link connections that can connect them to additional Bose amplifiers- which will play the same source as the Main Source- but they will not play back different Zones. In order to do that, you would need a Multi-Zone system such as a Russound, Niles, or there are also Multi-Zone Yamaha, Onkyo and Denon systems available. The Bose however is setup to be a single dedicated home theater system- with no multi-zone capabilities.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

The unit below by Dayton Audio has 4 zones which you can then feed signals from a SmartPhone, Sonos system, etc. and playback different audio sources in each room, and would fit more what you're looking to with with the 5 zones:

http://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-ma1240a-multi-zone-12-channel-amplifier--300-815

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I just wanted to follow up and see if you received the information you were looking for?