Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

I bought a foreclosure that is wired system. I need to

Customer Question

I bought a foreclosure that is wired for sound system. I need to replace 3 of the 5 bose speakers and the electrician needs to go through the wires as they are a mess. Should I continue with the wired system or is a wireless system better? I am getting a new TV for this living room area, I'm thinking I should get a smart tv? Your advise is greatly appreciated. Thanks
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, thanks for the question. I am an experienced electronics field technician connected to you via this pay for assistance chat based support service. Your satisfaction is my top priority and in return your positive rating is the only way I will receive credit for my time.
If you are happy with the locations/positions of the speakers, then stick with wired. Wireless is fine but the quality of wired will always be better than wireless.
Smart Tv means it will have streaming video/audio Apps built into the tv. They work fine, the drawback is flexibility and choice. Not all apps will be on all models, so if you want Amazon Video and the tv doesn't have the app, you will end up getting an external box that does have the app. Now there are just too many streaming services. In my opinion, it's best just to pick a Tv that has excellent picture quality and get the extended warranty. Then pickup a cheap Roku box or bluray player to do the "smart" streaming things. An external box will get more variety of services and more frequent updates.
Hope this helps, feel free to follow up and pelase, before you go be sure to click the POSITIVE RATING now. Doing so does NOT close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly does depend on your positive rating.
Clicking the "bad/poor" rating does NOT issue you a refund.
Thank you,