Aric, Engineer
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I shorted a speaker wire on my Denor avr 2105 and nowit

Customer Question

i shorted a speaker wire on my Denor avr 2105 and nowit shuts off and the red power button flashes.
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems. This is not something that can be corrected via any settings or adjustments. When the receiver shuts down after shorting a speaker wire, it means the output stage is shorted internally (blown) and the receiver needs these replaced to fix the issue.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

This requires soldering on a PCB level and also testing to make sure that no other stages have failed as a result of the short. A shop typically charges $200 parts and labor for this repair and can be located at the link below:

www.stereorepair.com

I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.