Home Theater-Stereo

Home Theater Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Home Theater-Stereo

I have a Yamaha RX-Z7 receiver that when I turn it on the

Customer Question
display says "Main On" but...
I have a Yamaha RX-Z7 receiver that when I turn it on the display says "Main On" but it won't do anything, like it's frozen...
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Home Theater-Stereo
8/12/2015
Technician: Louie, Technician replied 2 years ago
Louie, Technician
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,
Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...
Initially, it appears to be a glitch or the "booting" gets stuck.
A review; were the specific steps in the link below followed?
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/92079112/Yamaha%20RX-Z7%20Reset.pdf
I have tried this, I found those steps in the manual. It turns the screen completely black. If I don't hit the straight button, the screen just says Main On.
I understand.
A first try; consider a firmware update (if have not been done and if applicable). Please see the link below.
http://download.yamaha.com/search/product/?language=en&site=usa.yamaha.com&category_id=16446&product_id=1011474
This would serve as both an attempt of a fix and as a test by process of elimination.
A non-corrective RESET would be indicative of an internal hardware issue (most likely) or a firmware concern (least likely).
Tried the USB method with no luck. Still have the frozen "Main On" message.
Could the power plug be failing?
Sorry but no; if it were a power plug issue, then the Yamaha would not even power up at all.
All of the above would point/confirm an internal hardware issue.
I realize that the above information may perhaps be not what was expected. Unfortunately, there is no quick-n-easy fix and neither is there a workaround; sorry for having to be the bearer of bad news.
Thank you Louie. I will be taking it in to a service center. I appreciate your help, at least we ruled out software issues:)
Appreciate your kind understanding.
Internal repairs are needed.
And again; sorry for having to be the bearer of bad news.
Good luck and thank you too for the opportunity to be able to share the information.
Louie, Technician