ITPeter
ITPeter, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Engineer
30970729

I have a promedia 2.1 system and the pin connector from the

Customer Question

I have a promedia 2.1 system and the pin connector from the control box to the subwoofer has 2 broken pins broken off in the female receiver on the subwoofer. I was hoping to replace the male and female connector parts but I see the pin connector is connected directly to a circuit board inside the sub woofer and not easily replaced. Any suggestions?
Category: Home Theater-Stereo
Expert:  ITPeter replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,
You can either use a soldering iron to remove the pin connector from the circuit board and fit a new connector, or you can just splice the wires in to the existing connections.
If you don't have a soldering iron or aren't familiar with this type of repair work, a local electronics repair shop can carry out the repair for you.